2. For those whose situation is more complex and/or for those who have opportunities to save a fortune through more comprehensive planning, we offer varying levels of our services. Each offer is made with a minimum return on investment goal of at least 300%. (In other words, if we charge $3,500 for one of our packages, we expect to be able to deliver at least $10,500 in tangible value to that client in the first year!) If that cost to value relationship is not there, we do not take that client and they fall into the first scenario listed above.
Some of the services we provide include:
- We will perform a Career Search (include education requirements, career description, as well as starting salary estimates). These will based on the general interests of the student and they will be given access to an on-line program (Career Cruising®) which maintains this information.
- We will perform a “Best Fit” College Search and give additional recommendations, if needed.
- We will perform multiple personalized, private student interviews to discuss their career/major choices, college selections, as well as admission and career tips we’ve gleaned over the years. We’ll do what their Guidance Counselor may not be able to do to help ensure a successful transition from high school to college and beyond.
- We will allow your student access to our Client-Only “College Admissions Application Boot Camp”, which will entail discussing admissions requirements, admissions essays, selecting the right colleges, how to fill out the different types of admission applications, and what the student should be doing now.
- We will review up to 3 essays per student and provide a written critique for each.
- We will help develop a resume that highlights your student’s academic achievements and personal accomplishments and then tailor it based on what the colleges value most.
- We will provide you with a College Planning Checklist containing essential deadlines, up-coming events, and timelines as to what we will be doing for you and your student and when.
- We will accurately calculate your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC).
- We will provide recommendations and a conservative plan to reduce your EFC by thousands of dollars per year.
- We will provide financial aid award estimates for each school under consideration including the amount of free money and loans you should receive, as well as recommending additional schools to be considered that are a good match for your student AND generous with their grant monies.
- We will analyze your financial situation and provide appropriate recommendations for the best way to pay for your share of college costs without you having to eat beans and rice for the next several years or mortgaging your house to the hilt or completely destroying your retirement accounts. (By the way, just the peace of mind of knowing where this money will come from for ALL of your children is worth a fortune!)
- We will provide a detailed financial overview, analyzing all areas as they relate to college as well as your budget, taxes, retirement and other areas of financial management.
- We will provide creative, time tested ideas on ways to improve your tax situations, retirement and other areas of financial management.
- We will provide our proprietary ‘tax scholarship’ information, if you make too much money to qualify for any need based aid, which is guaranteed to save you thousands of dollars a year.
- We will complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on your behalf accurately and on time so you won’t have to deal with this at all
- We will register your student for the CSS Profile, complete it accurately, on time for schools that require it.
- We will provide assistance completing any other Institutional financial aid forms that are required by the individual schools and are provided to us by the client.
- We will confirm the accuracy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) and make any adjustments.
- We will provide regular updates detailing “what you need to be aware of or what you should be doing now” to keep everyone on-track.
- We will sponsor a client-only event in Febrary/March of your child’s senior year and/or meet with you individually to discuss negotiation strategies, how to read your award letters, what to do if they don’t offer you enough aid, as well as additional tax and budgeting tips to help you pay for college.
- We will provide you with hands-on assistance with negotiation letters, as well as the exact steps to follow when negotiating with the colleges. (we can’t negotiate directly with the schools, but we will hold your hand through the whole process).
- We will provide updates of changes in legislature relating to college tax laws or anything that might affect your financial situation through our newsletter and other updates.
- We will provide your student with unlimited telephone support (your student can call us as much as they wish with as many questions as they wish).
- We will provide you, the parents, with unlimited telephone support.
- We will provide leadership, creativity, and a personal relationship you can count on throughout this important, challenging process so you can have confidence and avoid taking any unnecessary risk.
We’re Flexible! We have multiple options available depending on what level of expertise each family’s individual situation requires. And because of our strict selection process, we’re confident we can consistently exceed their expectations – And do!
If you’d like to see if the National Center For College Planning is right for you and if you are right for us, get in touch with us today and schedule an appointment with one of our college planning specialists. You can also make a reservation to attend one of our FREE upcoming educational workshops